2022 has been a year to remember for FRAMES. Together with our partners and community, we have mobilised change by training and inspiring educators to embrace and adopt Virtual Exchange, facilitating the integration and accreditation of Virtual Exchange in Higher Education throughout Europe and beyond. This year we have:
- delivered an Collaborative online Training on Virtual Exchange and blended mobility integration running from May 2 to May 29 2022 with 122 participants, of which 59 have been awarded an Open Badge for successfully completing the course;
- published a research article “Scenarios for the Integration of Virtual Exchange in Higher Education” in the Journal of International Students;
- produced the “Toolkit for Integrating Virtual Exchange in Higher Education”, which provides key information, inspiration, tools and case examples of the approaches that Higher Education Institutions can take to integrate and accredit Virtual Exchange;
- Hosted the online launch event of the Toolkit on September 29, with 58 participants
- Presented the findings of our work at a variety of online and onsite events, such as:
- What’s new in Brussels? Recent Developments in European Policies and Programmes, organised online by ACA – Academic Cooperation Association, 3 February 2022
- Virtual Exchange and Mobility: Access, Integration, and Internationalisation, organised online by the Center for International Higher Education at Boston College (CIHE), 15 February 2022
- 2022 European Learning & Teaching Forum “On site, online, on point?”, organised by EUA – European Universities Association, 17 February 2022
- Integration and accreditation of blended mobility and VE: from theory to practice, EAIE2022 conference, 15 September 2022 – Barcelona, Spain
- Developing a framework for the integration of Virtual Exchange across the curriculum, I-HE2022 conference, 19-21 October 2022 – Athens, Greece
- Developing an action plan for integrating Virtual Exchange in Higher Education, IVEC 2022 conference, 28 October 2022 – Valencia, Spain
- Using FRAMES to improve your VE experience within your HEI, Digital Fair of possibilities, organised within the framework of the online conference “Digitalisation. Education. Connection. Education.” organised by Technische Universität Braunschweig on November 30 – December 2, 2022
We have also had insightful discussions with our FRAMES colleagues, during our monthly meetings and continuous exchanges, and we finally met in person in Rome in May 2022!
We are grateful to the many educators, experts, VE practitioners and everyone who has contributed to our activities along the year. Now it is time for Higher Education Institutions to mainstream Virtual Exchange into their institutionalised mobility activities.
At the beginning of 2023 we will launch a call for contributions, in the form of a consultation, to provide feedback and contribute to enriching the FRAMES Strategic Framework, aimed at supporting the adoption of Blended Mobility and Virtual Exchange as a regular practice within the international activities of Higher Education Institutions across Europe.
Also, we invite you to save-the-date for the FRAMES closing event, which will take place on February 28th, 2023 at the University of Siena (Italy). Stay tuned!
We very much appreciate your engagement with FRAMES during 2022, and we are looking forward to cooperating with you all in 2023 and beyond!